Most Zionist organizations and Jewish leaders in the UK found it very difficult to cope with the fallout from Israel’s bombardment of Gaza. They were criticized from the right and the left. The right-wing Zionism they espouse ever more aggressively intensified divisions within the Jewish community. In my latest article, written for New Left Project, I argue that the Zionism served up by most of British Jewry’s leadership is of no positive help to the very many British Jews who have grave doubts, and feel uneasy and confused, about Israel’s trajectory.
- RT @YousefMunayyer: It's like he never left twitter.com/charliespierin… 20 hours ago
- RT @BBCNewsnight: He could "continue to be highly influential on the right-wing of American politics" @THEDavidWillis on Steve Bannon #news… 20 hours ago
- RT @davidschneider: Still beyond me how Kushner and Ivanka and other Jews in Trump's team can still associate with him after he defended th… 20 hours ago
- RT @Doylech: Why don't the two of you find a nice desert island.... twitter.com/nigel_farage/s… 20 hours ago
- RT @davidschneider: Trump is right when he says he’s creating 1000s of jobs. It’s just that most of them are temporary ones in the White Ho… 20 hours ago
Tags2-state solution ACRI AIPAC al-Qaida Al Jazeera American Jewish Committee anti-boycott law Anti-Defamation League anti-Zionism antisemitism apartheid Arab Spring BDS Ben Gurion Bernard-Henri Levy Board of Deputies Breivik Brits for Peace Now Christian Zionism Community Security Trust David Cameron English Defence League EUMC far right fascism Fatah Fidesz Fini Gabor Szanto Gaza Hamas Herzl Hungary International Criminal Court Irwin Cotler Islamism Islamophobia Israel J14 Jewish People Policy Planning Institute J Street Kaminski Knesset Labour Party Lieberman Likud multiculturalism Netanyahu new antisemitism NGO Monitor non-violence Norway occupation one-state one-state solution Orban Palestine Palestinians Palestinian state Peace Now peace process Pluto Press racism refugees settlements Slavoj Zizek Supreme Court Tory Party UCU UN General Assembly UN Security Council West Bank Yisrael Beiteinu Zeev Elkin Zionism